Real Browser Monitoring
What is Real Browser Monitoring?
Traditional site monitoring tools emulate browsers to check a site's availability and performance. That is perfect to get the performance and uptime under ideal conditions. Full Page Monitoring allows you to verify a site's performance as perceived by the end-user using a real browser.
Why monitor your site with Real Browsers?
Traditional website monitoring does not check network connects or execute RIAs, therefore it cannot accurately report on an actual end-user site experience. Real Browser Monitoring conducts tests using end-user browsers. It checks how they manage the asynchronous communication of RIAs and reports on the browser's execution time.
The CA App Synthetic Monitor dashboard contains reports that detail the exact download sequence. By pinpointing the components of your site that are causing delays and errors, you can optimize to ensure that your site is delivering the best possible end-user experience.
What are the Features of CA App Synthetic Monitor Real Browser Monitoring?
- Record user interactions, not navigation traffic, via the proven CA App Synthetic Monitor Recorder
- Playback via real browsers (starting with FireFox, adding Chrome and Internet Explorer soon)
- Monitors run from 90+ global monitoring stations
- Screenshots of each step in the transaction
- Timed screenshots of a website loading in the browser (e.g. from a white screen to the full page)
- Waterfall charts of all embedded elements in a page (images, CSS files, etc.), for each step
CA App Synthetic Monitor Recorder
The CA App Synthetic Monitor Recorder is a simple capture-replay and drag & drop script creation tool designed to aid in recording Real Browser Monitor scripts. It includes powerful functionality to allow you to create scripts that navigate complex and highly dynamic websites, which can be exported to Real Browser compatible format and uploaded to your account. The CA App Synthetic Monitor Recorder is designed to be powerful enough to handle industrial strength needs and yet be simple enough for everybody to use.Navigation mode
The recorder records scripts in navigation mode, which essentially means that it captures the browser elements the user clicks on, rather than just capturing the HTTP request. So, when playing back the script, the recorder will find the original browser element that the user clicked on when recording and simulate a click on it. The main two advantages of navigation mode are:
- It is much easier to record complex pages
- Since navigation mode explicitly exercises the user interface it is much better at catching problems if the interface is broken
You can download the latest stable release of the CA App Synthetic Monitor Recorder at the link below (recommended):
|Download CA App Synthetic Monitor Recorder|
Give it a try!
Sign up for a free 30 day trial subscription.
- Download the CA App Synthetic Monitor Recorder
- Record a web transaction script
- Save the script
- Login to your CA App Synthetic Monitor Dashboard and go to the Settings page
- Upload the saved script into the new monitor when asked
- Complete the remaining steps and click Save